Friday, November 11, 2011

Pardon the dust bunnies

I feel like my blog has developed cobwebs and dust bunnies in my absence. Frankly, I simply haven't felt very editorial or creative. Writing is funny; she has a mind of her own - and she certainly will not visit a stubborn or unreceptive mind. These last several weeks have found my brain extremely immovable and unyielding to the creative process (oh that mysterious and ever-unfolding creative process). However, I have undergone a much needed change of scenery in the last few days. My pal J and I, bid our dearest Ann Arbor adieu in the sleepy hours of last saturday morning. We planned this trip  with the sole intention of shimmying the cobwebs from our hair and the dust off our boots. We wanted to leave behind the routines and responsibilities of our day to day existence. Though Ann Arbor is a lovely motherland, it's always good to venture out and remember why we love her in the first place. Due to economic constraints, as well as a sense of adventure, we opted for the megabus mode of transportation. This option required a short stop-over in Chicago in order to catch another bus to Tennessee. We chose Tennessee as our final destination because my darling big brother resides in Nashville, and is always up for house-guests.

 After a fabulously fun, 24 hour stay in Chicago, we were headed for the honky tonk scene- good 'ole Nashville, Tennessee. Yee-haw! My brother Ry,  scooped us up from a Memphis bus stop (at an extremely uncivilized hour) and took home two very tired, and bus-weary girls. The next morning found us bouncing on a vacation bubble. The unfamiliar setting, the deviation from normal routine, and the balmy climate, had us riding a giddy train. I'm hoping for this to translate into a creative breakthrough... stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment